We are looking for a newly qualified CPA with approximately 2 – 5 years of experience in public practice. The candidate should have experience in preparing Notice to Reader and/or Review Engagement files. Experience preparing Canadian and/or U.S. Personal tax returns is an asset.
If you’re the one we’re looking for, you have experience in:
- Preparation of Notice to Reader/Compilation engagement files and T2 Corporate tax returns
- Preparation of Review Engagements with well documented work-paper files
- Financial statement preparation: preparing statements in accordance with the Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) including related notes disclosures
- Understanding of corporate tax balances (CDA, RDTOH, GRIP etc.)
- Preparation of corporate or personal tax planning scenario calculations
- Preparation of Canadian personal tax returns
- Preparation of U.S. personal tax returns
- Preparation of Trust tax returns
We’re sure to really like you if you:
- Are a problem solver at heart – you love reconciling and balancing!
- Use your time efficiently – you know when to push through to solve a problem on your own or when it’s time to stop and ask questions
- Prepare easy to follow and well-organized working paper files
- Think logically and have an analytical mindset
- Are a keen team player who can work effectively with other staff at various levels
- Are adaptable to new technologies
You’re sure to really like us if you:
- Enjoy working with a diverse set of clients and can adapt to the needs of their companies
- Are excited to build on your skills and continue to learn on the job
- Love having a flexible work schedule, RRSP matching, and other amazing benefits
- Want to join in on our pancake breakfasts, chili cook-offs, maybe even axe-throwing
If this sounds like you, and you’d love the opportunity to work with a group of surprisingly fun people, considering they’re all accountants, please submit a resume and cover letter by clicking here, with attention to Toby Stubbs.
Compensation is based on experience, and while we love the attention, only qualified candidates will be contacted.